Edith Sanford Breast Center Symposium 2019
We strive to provide the best breast cancer detection and care to the communities we serve, and we know our community shares that goal. Please join us and other national breast cancer experts as we share the latest advancements in genetics, prevention and detection, surgery, treatment and survivorship.
Schedule of Events:
- 7:30 a.m. - Breakfast and Registration
- 8 a.m. - Welcome and Opening Remarks Jessica Aguilar, Senior Executive Director, Edith Sanford Breast Center Dr. Michael Bouton, Breast Surgeon and Chair of Edith Sanford Breast Cancer Clinical Steering Committee
- 8:15 a.m. - Keynote: Management of Women at High Risk for Breast Cancer Dr. Sandhya Pruthi, Professor of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- 9:15 a.m. - Keynote: Personalized Medicine: Setting the Stage for a New Era in Triple Negative Breast Cancer, Dr. Bryan Schneider, Associate Professor of Medicine and Medical/Molecule Genetics at Indiana University Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center, Indianapolis
- 10:15 a.m. - Break
- 10:30 a.m. - Breast Symptoms: Diagnostic Imaging Work Up of Lumps, Pain and Nipple Discharge Dr. Christina Tello-Skjerseth, Radiologist, Sanford Health, Bismarck, ND
- 11:15 a.m. - Advances in Breast Reconstruction Dr. Heather Karu, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, Sanford Health, Sioux Falls, SD
- Noon - Lunch
- 1 p.m. - Truth and Hope: A Panel Discussion on Survivorship
- Moderator: Dr. Shelby Terstriep, Medical Oncologist and Enterprise Director of Survivorship, Sanford Roger Cancer Center Fargo
- Panelists: Dr. Cheryl Hysjulien, Onco-psychologist, Sanford Roger Maris Cancer Center Fargo; Dr. Jasmine Kamboj, Medical Oncologist, Sanford Joe Lueken Cancer Center Bemidji; Dr. Jean Marie McGowan, Internal Medicine, Sanford Health Fargo; Dr. Susan Wood, Neuro-psychologist, Sanford Health Fargo; Andrea Paradis, Integrative Care Educator, Sanford Roger Maris Cancer Center Fargo; Christine Teigen, Physical Therapist, Sanford Health Fargo
- 1:30 p.m. - Survivorship Panel Dr. Shelby Terstriep, Medical Oncologist and Director of Survivorship
- 2:30 p.m. - Break
- 2:45 p.m. - Regional Nodal Irradiation in Early Breast Center, Dr. Michele Lohr, Radiation Oncologist, Sanford Cancer Center, Sioux Falls
- 3:00 p.m. - Updates from Edith Sanford Breast Center
- 4:00 p.m. - Closing Remarks
Below are additional locations offering teleconference attendance.
- Sanford Joe Lueken Cancer Center, Bemidji
- Conference room 165
- 1233 34th St. NW
- Sanford Medical Center, Bismarck
- Conference Room
- 300 N. 7th St.
- Edith Sanford Breast Center, Sioux Falls
- Carlson Conference Room
- 1210 W. 18th St.
- The Sanford Center, Sioux Falls
- Discovery conference room 2268
- 2304 East 60th St. N.
Sanford Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Sanford Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.75 AMA PRA Category I Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Sanford Health is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
(OBN-001-91) 6.0 ANCC Contact Hours