A Better Picture of Breast Health
A breast MRI is another tool that radiologists at Edith Sanford Breast Center use in the detection, diagnosis and management of breast cancer or other breast irregularities. As a patient, you may need a breast MRI:
- As part of your high-risk screening plan
- After a diagnostic mammogram
- To aid in breast biopsy
- To evaluate for residual disease after a lumpectomy
- To determine the stage of known breast cancer
- For follow-up exams after cancer treatment
MRI helps your radiologist determine if something is cancerous or simply a noncancerous mass without using radiation.
Call (855) 353-3484 to schedule a mammogram and to learn more about breast screening offered by Sanford Health.