Edith Sanford Breast Center
The breast cancer specialists at the Edith Sanford Breast Center will work with you at all stages of breast health.
Screening & Diagnosis: Early detection can save your life. The breast radiologists at Sanford Health have several techniques and technologies for screening and diagnosing breast cancers.
- 3D Mammogram
- Automated Breast Ultrasound
- Breast MRI
- Breast Ultrasound
- Contrast Enhanced Spectral Mammography (CESM)
If you are interested in a mammogram, choose Edith Sanford. Our fellowship-trained breast radiologists have the highest level of training in the region. Their expertise in reading mammograms is unmatched.
Some women may qualify to use our new curved paddle technology. These patients report less discomfort during a mammogram.
Next steps: If screening shows that you have a mass, a breast biopsy is the next step. Keep in mind that most masses are benign. Only one in five breast biopsies are cancerous.
Genetic counselors: Genetic counselors work with women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer or women who are at an increased risk of developing it. These genetic specialists provide cancer risk assessments and genetic testing. They will work with you to identify your risk based on hereditary factors.
Treatment & Care
If you should need treatment, we offer personalized plans to all our patients. Our experienced team of oncologists, radiologists, surgeons, technicians, nurses and more will work with you at each step. Explore our wide range of services to discover the treatment that is right for your needs.
- Medical Oncology/Chemotherapy: Use targeted therapies that help you fight breast cancer through chemotherapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy or hormonal therapy. Patients concerned with hair loss can request a cold cap, which reduces hair loss due to chemotherapy.
- Radiation Therapy: Kill, shrink or slow cancer cells using advanced radiation therapies. Some patients may qualify for Intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT). IORT gives higher, more effective doses of radiation therapy that are given during surgery.
- Breast Cancer Surgery: Explore Sanford's breast surgery options. All surgeries use the latest technology, including Hidden Scar™.
- Breast Reconstruction: Learn more about your options after surgery to rebuild the look and shape of your breast.
You’re a survivor from the moment of your diagnosis. Work with Edith Sanford Breast Center’s care team to plan your next steps. We don’t just offer treatment plans. Visit us for the care and support you need during your survivorship journey.
Edith Sanford Breast Specialty Clinic
The Edith Sanford Breast Specialty Clinic offers comprehensive preventive care. Located within the Edith Sanford Breast Center, the specialty clinic provides care for women who have a high risk of breast cancer or have already been diagnosed. It offers its patients innovative technologies and procedures at the forefront of breast cancer treatment.
The clinic provides access to:
- Services for high-risk patients: We work with patients who are at a higher risk of breast cancer to find personal preventive options. Depending on your risk and family history, we may connect you with our genetic counselors or explore your chemoprevention options.
- Preventive breast health: Our team partners with women to provide clinical breast exams, risk assessment appointments and same-day services for patients who need a diagnostic exam after a screening mammogram.
- Breast concerns: If you experience symptoms such as breast pain, lumps, nipple discharge or biopsy complications, we’re here for you. Your primary care provider will refer you to our services.
- Survivorship: You’re a survivor from the moment of your diagnosis. Work with Edith Sanford Breast Center’s care team to plan your next steps. We don’t just offer treatment plans. Visit us for the care and support you need during your survivorship journey.
- Medical Genetics
Edith Sanford Breast Center Doctors
The Edith Sanford Breast Center is proud to have earned accreditations from these esteemed organizations.
- Breast Center of Excellence
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA)
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- ACS Surgical Quality Partner
- National Quality Measures for Breast Centers (NQMBC)